Monday, July 9, 2012

a quick update!


Last week was CRAZY so I didn’t have time to update the blog! Sorry! But I’ll try to recap it all a little bit! 
Break week started with a couple days of intense organization. Laura, Kelsey, and I were the only summer staff that were staying through break week, so it was the three of us against the donation room. We sorted, organized, and cleaned the donation room; and then we organized all of the paper handouts that are given out throughout the week. Then from Wednesday on, we were out at the Tree of Life preparing for the four houses that were opening later in the week! We assembled bunk beds, hung decorations, filled closets with clothes, and cleaned for two full days! Then on Friday, Melina’s House, Glory House, Blessing House, and Luke’s Light House all opened and 48 precious orphans moved into their new homes! I love house opening days because it’s such a happy time for so many people! The kids that are moving into the houses are overwhelmed with joy at their own bed, clothes, and toys; the Americans who worked on the houses are blessed by being able to provide a place for those kids to live a happy life and by seeing the fruit of all of their hard work! And all of the TOL kids who already lived there gain so many more brothers and sisters; they’re always so excited for the kids that are moving in because they were once in the exact same place. It’s a beautiful day of joy, tears, and blessings! 
Yesterday, I woke up verrrrry early to pick up my parents and two younger sisters from the airport!! They finally are here with me in Zambia!! It’s my Dad’s fourth time (like me) and my mom and sisters’ first time! Can’t wait for them to get to experience camp and the people and the orphans that I love so so much! Keep them in your prayers as they are going through camp this week! They get their kids tomorrow, and I know that God will do great things IN them and THROUGH them! 
And tomorrow we will start the first official day of Week 5! I can’t believe we’re already this far into the summer.. time is flying by so quickly it seems! The days seem to last forever, but the weeks are so fleeting! My prayer is that I would be able to make the most of my last month here and that I would hold nothing back. I want to serve these kids, the Americans and staff, and this country to the highest degree and I want to have nothing left to give by the time I step on that airplane in August. I’m praying for God’s strength, motivation, and heart to indwell in me so that I can do that! I anticipate with joy all of the wonderful things the Lord has planned for the next few weeks! 

That's all for now! But here's (most of) the family on the hilltop after church on Sunday! I'm so so glad that they're finally here!! 



1 comment: