Wednesday, July 31, 2013

thank you

As I’m sitting here in the London Heathrow airport, about to board my second and final flight home to Southlake, I have realized that I need to extend my thanks to so many of you. I would not have made it this far over the past five years without the support of my family and friends. If you’re reading this right now, thank you for doing so. 


Thank you to those of you who have kept up with my travels and with what the Lord is doing in Zambia. I love getting to tell stories about God’s power and work in my life and in the lives of the kids on this side of the ocean. It is my prayer that my stories can be and have been an encouragement to you.

Thank you to those of you who have prayed for me during my time here. God has protected me well, sustained me, and refined me so much over the past few months. He has listened to your prayers and has answered prayers of protection and encouragement. I could not have made it without my spiritual support system lifting me up to the Lord.

Thank you to those of you who have financially supported me over the years as I’ve returned to Zambia - I can say with assurance that your dollars are extremely appreciated and have advanced the Kingdom overseas. Thank you for your generosity and your willingness to give to this ministry.

Thank you to those of you who have messaged, skyped, or emailed me. Being a world away from my friends and family for two and a half months is so difficult, but these messages and bits of communication got me through. It was always so encouraging to see that me being “out of sight, out of mind” was not the case for so many of you! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and keep me a part of your lives!


I am so blessed to have such a support system cheering for me back home. I have worked alongside plenty of people who do not have the same encouragement from their friends and family, and it makes it that much more of a blessing to have you all. To have loved ones genuinely interested and supportive of what I do in Zambia is so special, and again, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You all have blessed me more than you know! 

By the time this is posted, I will be back home, safe and sound. What a summer it has been! Thank you again for praying me through the whole journey. 

Blessings,
Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment