Sunday, June 22, 2014

back for more!

I am officially BACK in good ole Zambia!! I have been back for a week, and it has been a fun, adventure-filled, week! I am doing the Teach ONE trip, which is a trip for American teachers to come over and mentor our Zambian teachers! This has been completely different from anything I've done in the past, but it has been a blast so far! Here's a little recap...

We left Dallas last Thursday and flew to Dubai, UAE. Dubai in June is HOT and HUMID, but other than that, it was really cool to see! This was my first time in the Middle East, let alone Asia, so it was new and different! The other teachers and I decided to make the most of if and venture to the top of the tallest building, Burj Khalifa. This building has over 160 floors, and we toured the 124th floor. It was pretty coooool!

Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE
View from the Top

Proof that I was on the tallest building!


We have been teaching at Kamanga LCA, one of the ministry's Lifeway Christian Academies. We will be mentoring the teachers at this school for two weeks total.. so one more week to go! I have been with the grade 3 class, and it is full of sweet, loving, and precious boys and girls! We are primarily working on teaching English/Language Arts strategies, as reading is the foundation for all of education. The schools in Zambia need tangible, effective ways to teach reading to these students who have never been to school before. Here are a few pics from our time there so far!

Break time AKA recess, some of the kids dancing

Morning Assembly - all of the morning session students

Reading with some of my students! 

More blog posts will come soon! It has been a great trip so far, and I am looking forward to the next four weeks here! 

Here's how you can be praying - 
1. For the teachers and students at Kamanga LCA, that this trip would be incredibly beneficial for all of them.
2. For me, that I would continue to walk in step with what God has for me during my time here, and that I would continue to be sensitive to what He's doing in my life. 
3. For Family Legacy and for the well-being of the ministry. Pray that God's hand would still be over all of the growth and in the details! 

Blessings, 
Auntie Maliah (or "Miss G." to my students)


No comments:

Post a Comment